1. "Four Minutes" in Taddle Creek
2. "Blindspots" in The Windsor Review: Best Writers Under 35
3. "Something More Vital Than Air" in the Pilot Pocket Book.
Not a lot of people who don't know me know this, but I'm probably leaving Canada soon, and before I do, I'm going to bombard the literary journal circuit with the stories I've been finishing / editing / sitting on for no good reason. Some of these are about . . .
1. Love in an oncology ward
2. A historical-noir set in Renaissance England, featuring two goons who have to reclaim a body (though it's actually about loving family members who disappoint you)
3. One about two guys who try to build a particle accelerator at their cottage (though it's actually about being the family member who disappoints everyone)
4. A woman who tries to find the perfect man for her terminally ill, recently-out-of-the-closet gay husband
5. This dude's relationship with a girl who wants to go to Ukraine to shoot the uncle who abused her when she was younger
6. How a prison librarian in 1980s Romania deals with HIV and a riot that breaks out (note: story features a character called the Peruvian Death Star)
Anyway. Hopefully someone will want to accept one or all of the above for publication.