Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Holiday Cheer

Updates for the holidays.

One, my short story "Up, Away, Here, Gone," about hot air balloons, solving a mystery, and Claude Levi-Strauss, appears here, in Route Nine, a New England journal affiliated with the UMASS-Amherst MFA program.

I did a reading there, at Flying Object, the nexus of Massachusetts literary stuff this past weekend.

The story's also been taken by the anthology They Have To Take You In, published in the future by Hidden Brook Press.

Two, The St. Petersburg Review is going to be hitting stores in January. It has my story "Remission" in it. Somehow Daniil Kharms is also in the same issue, returning from the grave to haunt us all.

Can't remember if I mentioned this, but The New Quarterly has scooped up "An Exact Replica of the Sistine Chapel," another story, after a million years of rejecting stuff I've sent them. So, you know. Keep on trucking. They'll also be running a blip on their blog about what I'm reading. The answer at the time was The Unprofessionals by Julie Hecht.

EVENT will be running my review of Into the Abyss and Antarctica: An Amundsen Journal, in their upcoming issue. Also apparently poems by Helen Guri, who writes good stuff.

That should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment